The International School on Algebra and Algebraic Geometry is a satellite of the International conference on algebra and geometry.
The school was held on August 14-21, 2011 at the recreation center "Hrustal'naya" near Ekaterinburg, Russia.
The school was organized by the Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and by the Laboratory of algebraic geometry and its applications of the Higher School of Economics.
There were 6 lecture courses and two additional lectures:
- "Introduction to algebraic geometry 1-3" + "27 lines on a cubic surface" (Aleksey Gorodentsev).
- "Introduction to homological algebra 1-3" + "Introduction to homotopical algebra. Model category of DG-algebras" (Leonid Positselsky)
- "Birational geometry of surfaces and threefolds 1-3" (Ivan Cheltsov)
- "Geometry of algebraic surfaces 1-3" (Fedor Bogomolov)
- "Rings and varieties 1-3" (Miles Reid)
- "Reflection groups 1-3" (Evgeny Smirnov)
Questions and proposals should be addressed to Marina Prokhorova, [email protected]